Skip to main content

An Update

Goo morning readers, viewers and fans. I hope you are all doing well this Monday morning. It has been just over 10 days since my last post on this blog - and while I personally feel an explanation isn't necessary, I'd still like to give one. 

First and foremost, this blog, along with my fiction writing and YouTube videos, are not my money maker. All the creative things I do, unfortunately, are side gigs don't pay my bills. And being an adult, despite me not acting like, requires me to prioritize the responsibilities I have. I work 5 days a week at a physically demanding job for 9 hours a day. I'm sure you can see how this could leave an individual drained and yearning for the sweet release of laziness. Which, of course, means I only ever get the chance to do YouTube/blog related things whenever I manage to find down time or on the weekends. Unfortunately, I also have to prioritize my mental health, which means I have to make free time that allows me to recover from my daily stresses. I'm trying to be better about being more creative and productive but life... Happens. Things come up that deter you away from any and all motivation. Depressing events that leave you in a recovery period and require you to push off certain things that you'd otherwise be doing. 

I'm grieving. I'm going through the process. On Friday, July 12th, 2019 - I lost my childhood friend - an adorable dog that we named Rosie.


We adopted this cute pup 14 years ago, when I was just 10 years old. For all my life she had been a great friend - one that gave me comfort when I needed it. I have thousands of memories that I can recall and could put here but I'd prefer to keep those to myself. I lost one of my best friends and she will be missed. I'll be grieving her for a little while but hope to resume creative content soon, hopefully within the week. 

Thanks for any and all understanding. And may my best friend never be forgotten and rest peacefully. I love you, Rosie. I will miss you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sex Is Awesome (HuniePop Review)

Foreword Sex is awesome. Perhaps a cursed way to start a blog post but how does one start a review of Huniepop? As I daydream while working my 9 to 5, I thought about starting a discussion about adult entertainment and its place in gaming and society as a whole. But the fact that I'm writing a review for said adult video game, have done Let's Plays for both the original and its sequel, and I run a show where we shamelessly talk about adult games every Valentine's Day; should be evidence enough that I feel adult entertainment is pretty great.  There are caveats, of course. Is it for everyone? Of course not. There are those who think sex in the media is taboo and immoral and, while I don't think it should ever be outright banned, I can understand the argument for certain games. I don't think something like The Elder Scrolls games need blatant sex scenes. There are also definitely cases where it would harm the game, an example being a Battlefield or Call of Duty where ...

My Experience At Awesome Games Done Quick 2026

I have been watching the speedrunning charity event, Awesome Games Done Quick, for about 10 years at this point. It is a gaming marathon where a list of gamers (called runners) play a video game on stage (and streamed online) to beat said game in the shortest amount of time possible, utilizing both advance skills and technical exploitation. Awesome Games Done Quick, abbreviated as AGDQ, has benefitted the Prevent Cancer Foundation and to date has raised just under 30 million dollars. For the last three years, AGDQ has been held in my backyard of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and this year I had the good fortune of being able to afford two badges (one for myself and one for my lady friend) as well as an overnight stay in the hotel the event was being ran at. Since I've been wanting to ramp up my creative works, I figured I would take some time to write about my first time experience and what this event has done to me.  The Pre-Pre-Show As stated above, I believe it was 2016 when I first ...

Burn It Down (Five Nights at Freddy's: Pizzeria Simulator Review)

Foreword It has come to this. The penultimate battle of good vs evil – father vs son – a reviewer vs a really well put together horror game and franchise. Five Nights at Freddy's: Pizzeria Simulator (which I loving short to Pizza Sim cause it just sounds funny) is the sixth installment and the final (Haha – fat chance) game in the Afton story line. This game was released on December 4, 2017 for FREE and has received pretty much universal praise (9/10 via Steam, 7.1 via Metacritic). Perhaps the most lore intensive game, most of the burning questions that remain are answered while delivering both a familiar gameplay style with some exciting new mechanics. Let us descend into the madness for one final time. The Story The game opens, innocently enough, on an atari style mini game. You control Mr. Fazbear himself as he launches pizza pies of your own creation into the faces of hungry waiting children. As you rack up points, things turn south pretty quickly as a shadow Freddy appears to ...